LibraTax cannot provide official legal or tax advice. Please consult with a licensed tax preparer to ensure you file and pay taxes correctly. We’ve partnered with several professionals who you may hire.

Assuming you’re filing personal taxes in the United States, and in addition to the main form you’re using to file your tax return (assuming you are doing a 1040), you will need two additional forms. They are IRS Form Schedule D and IRS Form 8949. LibraTax generates a substitute IRS Form 8949 for you.